Contax N mount is a fully electronic, autofocus lens mount designed in 2000 for 35mm SLR cameras by Carl Zeiss and Kyocera. It is a bayonet mount with three tabs, a focal flange distance of 48mm, and an unusually large throat diameter of 55mm. Despite the lenses having a physical aperture ring, it is a fully electronic mount with no mechanical connections.
Contax N lenses can be mount-swapped to Canon EF mount; with replaced electronics, all the functionalities can be retained.
The system consists of nine lenses in total. There is a genuine Contax NAM-1 adapter for using Contax 645 lenses which retains all functions, including the autofocus.
The Contax N lens system was officially discontinued by Kyocera in 2005.
Carl Zeiss T∗ lenses
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 17–35mm F2.8 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 24–85mm F3.5–4.5 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 28–80mm F3.5–5.6 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Planar 50mm F1.4 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 70–200mm F3.5–4.5 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 70–300mm F4–5.6 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Planar 85mm F1.4 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Makro-Sonnar 100mm F2.8 T∗
- Carl Zeiss Tele-Apotessar 400mm F4 T∗
Last update: 7. 9. 2021.